Salted caramel, everyone has gone crazy for it and so they should! It’s one of life’s amazing inventions, very sweet but with a touch of salt to balance it out it’s perfect in every way. I decided to make some as I wanted to have a base for my buttercream for some macarons that I was making but also for a last minute dessert drizzled over ice cream.
I found a really simple all in one recipe which saves you the hassle of having to deal with a sugar thermometer or the risk of burning which happens often when sugar and me are involved.
The sauce was delicious and ready in about 5 minutes so a really quick and impressive sauce to jazz up some boring old vanilla ice cream!
A few tips to help you out:
- To measure out the golden syrup without it getting everywhere, heat a spoon under hot water and then spoon the syrup. The heat will help slide the syrup off the spoon
- Salted butter is best to add that extra saltiness
- Ensure that you use coarse salt rather than table salt as they have quite a different taste
- The salt is just a guide, you might find you may need more to suit your taste
Easy All In One Salted Caramel
- 275g golden syrup
- 275g light brown sugar
- 100g salted butter
- 225ml double cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp course or Kosher salt
1. Place all the ingredients in a pan on a high heat and bring to the boil. Continue to boil for 4-5 minutes until it starts to thicken and is smooth
2. Cool and then pour into a sterilized jar and keep in the fridge for up to three weeks
<a href=”//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/” data-pin-do=”buttonBookmark” data-pin-color=”red” data-pin-height=”28″><img src=”//assets.pinterest.com/images/pidgets/pinit_fg_en_rect_red_28.png” /></a>
<!– Please call pinit.js only once per page –>